Technology Fact Sheet
BEHIND THE SCENES
- Fully converged IP infrastructure. Allows for personalization of the guest experience; from room temperature to artwork and music selections. All property systems are interfaced via an Internet protocol platform.
- Electronic doorbell with silent staff button. Enhanced privacy noise reduction. The hotel staff determines when a room is occupied with the push of a silent button directly below the guestroom doorbell. An infrared signal scans the room to detect body heat and notes ‘Do Not Disturb’ when occupied.
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel via two 100MB load balanced bandwidth for fast and efficient Internet use. Even with the hotel fully occupied and all guests using every personal device possible, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc. – the risk of being bumped from the wireless is eliminated.
GUEST ROOM EXPERIENCE
- 42″ Flatscreen Televisions. One of the first hotels in the country to provide guests with true High Definition television along with surround sound for movies, local channels and more.
- HD Windows Channels. Each guestroom features an exclusive library of programming including 8 different art genre collections to choose from based on personal preference. Providing the ultimate vicarious travel experience, guests can experience the world through the eyes of TWC renowned filmmakers and photographers while never leaving the comforts of their guest room.
- Media hubs. Plug-and-play access to the guestroom television display for DVD players, iPods, iPads, MP3 players and laptop computers.
- Electronic privacy shade in bathrooms and de-aerated water filler. Technology that enables a ceiling mounted water filler into to a two person Italian pedestal bathtub. The de-aerated water filler provides a steady stream of water and eliminates splashing. In other words: the bathtubs fill from the ceiling.
- Electronic ‘Do Not Disturb’ and ‘Service Room.’ Door knockers are a thing of the past. With the push of a button guests can alert housekeeping if they want privacy or are ready for their room to be serviced. An indicator will immediately notify housekeeping or engineering of a guest’s wish to have their room serviced.
- Dual-line phones on fully converged network with cordless handsets. Guests receive complimentary local, long distance and international phone calls.
- Availability of the state-of-the-art 70″ Sharp electronic whiteboard, which can be used as a data display for presentations to command control and data viewing, or as a remote collaboration tool to conduct webinars, video conferences, as well as an interactive signage monitor for wayfinding and other interactive applications.
- Hotel 1000 worked with AVI-SPL to install digital media capabilities and upgrade its multi-million dollar technology infrastructure. The upgrades feature full high-definition support, allowing guests to connect a high-definition computer, video or mobile device in any meeting room. This upgrade addressed the following technology features:
- State-of-the-art video and audio processing technologies in meeting rooms
- High-definition Blu-ray players, wireless microphones, and additional audio-visual inputs in guest rooms
- New high-definition projectors in The Golf Club
- Video conferencing capabilities in The 4th Floor Boardroom
- Smart podium available in all function rooms for individual laptop connectivity during presentations. Speakers have the ability to use their own laptop at the podium for presentations. Through a Creston podium remote control, speakers are able to control lighting, volume and media selections. Through Creston wireless remote control for audio visual and lighting.
- Built-in video conferencing in the Boardroom and mobile video conference capabilities in all other function rooms. Easily accommodates video conferencing capabilities throughout the function space for both large events and small.
- Drop down projection in the Great Room and Boardroom and plasma screen or electronic drop-down screen in all function rooms. The latest technology in presentation capability is available at the guest’s fingertips.
- Digital color LCD reader boards. Allows for personalization of functions and events with the addition of photographs, logos, a PowerPoint welcome message or live video.
- Multi-touch kiosks. Guests are able to print boarding passes and other documents. Conveniently located in the lobby and on each function floor of the hotel.
HOTEL 1000 AMENITIES
- The Golf Club at Hotel 1000- The world’s best courses come to life in Seattle via a sophisticated virtual golf setting.
- An infrared tracking system creates two planes each with over 680 independent sensors calculating the velocity, spin and trajectory of the ball.
- Provides real time ball flight, interactive practice situations, and multiple hitting surfaces.
- State-of-the-art touch screen game controller allows players to easily toggle between 50 great courses such as The Old Course at St Andrews, Pebble Beach, Pinehurst or Valderrama.
- Spaahh at Hotel 1000- A personalized treatment experience.
- MP3 or Personal Music Player docking stations in each treatment room
- Gallery Player artwork selections in the manicure/pedicure treatment room