Hotel 1000 Fact Sheet
Located at 1000 First Avenue in the heart of downtown Seattle, Hotel 1000 is a world-class luxury hotel that offers distinctive amenities, sophisticated accommodations and anticipative service to provide guests with a truly customized experience.
- June 26, 2006 at 8:45 a.m.
- 120 rooms total
- 84 guest rooms
- 36 suites
- 46 residences and apartments
- 24 stories
- 130 parking spaces
- 100-seat street level restaurant
- Weber Thompson PLLC, Seattle
- Dawson Design Associates, Inc., Seattle
RESTAURANT INTERIOR DESIGN
- Mesher Shing, Seattle
GUEST SERVICES AND SPECIAL FEATURES
- Seattle’s first mixed-use hotel/condo development with urban residences on upper floors
- Handmade blown glass artwork from J.P. Canlis
- The Golf Club at Hotel 1000
- Spaahh at Hotel 1000
- Cellar accommodating 2,080 bottles of wine and 100 magnums
- 9,100 square-feet of state-of-the-art conference and event space, many rooms complete with built-in video conferencing, 70” plasma displays, master zoned speaker system, document reader and “show me” technology, and a wireless remote in each function room to control temperature, lighting and audio/visual.
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel .
- Internet - Guests enjoy a shared 100Mbps high-speed network with access to a 20Mb dedicated line upon advance request (charges may apply).
- Studio 1000, a relaxing sanctuary at the lobby level with sweeping streetscape views and a dramatic open fire pit
- Library, an intimate, residential retreat adjacent to the event space for reading, working or conversation
- BOKA RESTAURANT + BAR
- Fitness center for guests and residents
- 24-hour personal and virtual concierge service
- Valet parking via electronic car retrieval system
GUEST ROOM AMENITIES
- Fine Thai bed linens and microfiber bath robes
- Turkish terry cloth oversized bath sheets
- Intelligent private bar and environment control
- Two dual-line phones on fully converged network with cordless handsets
- 40-inch High Definition LCD televisions
- Audio/visual hub for convenient interface with laptop, flash drive, digital audio player, or portable DVD player
- Media Hub Connections (MP3, iPod, iPad and Laptop)
- Electronically-operated privacy screen between bath and guestroom
- Bathrooms feature contemporary and urban fixtures, including water flowing from the ceiling into bathtub
- Molton Brown bath amenities
- Complimentary in-room Starbucks coffee with Keurig coffee makers. French Press in Suites
- Evening turndown service
- In-room safe
- Complimentary high-speed Internet, local and long distance calls
- 24-hour in-room dining for guests and residents
|Spa and Fitness Center||2,342|
|Restaurant||100 seat capacity|
Technology Fact Sheet
BEHIND THE SCENES
- Fully converged IP infrastructure. Allows for personalization of the guest experience; from room temperature to artwork and music selections. All property systems are interfaced via an Internet protocol platform.
- Electronic doorbell with silent staff button. Enhanced privacy noise reduction. The hotel staff determines when a room is occupied with the push of a silent button directly below the guestroom doorbell. An infrared signal scans the room to detect body heat and notes 'Do Not Disturb' when occupied.
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel via two 100MB load balanced bandwidth for fast and efficient Internet use. Even with the hotel fully occupied and all guests using every personal device possible, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc. - the risk of being bumped from the wireless is eliminated.
GUEST ROOM EXPERIENCE
- 42" Flatscreen Televisions. One of the first hotels in the country to provide guests with true High Definition television along with surround sound for movies, local channels and more.
- HD Windows Channels. Each guestroom features an exclusive library of programming including 8 different art genre collections to choose from based on personal preference. Providing the ultimate vicarious travel experience, guests can experience the world through the eyes of TWC renowned filmmakers and photographers while never leaving the comforts of their guest room.
- Media hubs. Plug-and-play access to the guestroom television display for DVD players, iPods, iPads, MP3 players and laptop computers.
- Electronic privacy shade in bathrooms and de-aerated water filler. Technology that enables a ceiling mounted water filler into to a two person Italian pedestal bathtub. The de-aerated water filler provides a steady stream of water and eliminates splashing. In other words: the bathtubs fill from the ceiling.
- Electronic 'Do Not Disturb' and 'Service Room.' Door knockers are a thing of the past. With the push of a button guests can alert housekeeping if they want privacy or are ready for their room to be serviced. An indicator will immediately notify housekeeping or engineering of a guest's wish to have their room serviced.
- Dual-line phones on fully converged network with cordless handsets. Guests receive complimentary local, long distance and international phone calls.
- Availability of the state-of-the-art 70" Sharp electronic whiteboard, which can be used as a data display for presentations to command control and data viewing, or as a remote collaboration tool to conduct webinars, video conferences, as well as an interactive signage monitor for wayfinding and other interactive applications.
- Hotel 1000 worked with AVI-SPL to install digital media capabilities and upgrade its multi-million dollar technology infrastructure. The upgrades feature full high-definition support, allowing guests to connect a high-definition computer, video or mobile device in any meeting room. This upgrade addressed the following technology features:
- State-of-the-art video and audio processing technologies in meeting rooms
- High-definition Blu-ray players, wireless microphones, and additional audio-visual inputs in guest rooms
- New high-definition projectors in The Golf Club
- Video conferencing capabilities in The 4th Floor Boardroom
- Smart podium available in all function rooms for individual laptop connectivity during presentations. Speakers have the ability to use their own laptop at the podium for presentations. Through a Creston podium remote control, speakers are able to control lighting, volume and media selections. Through Creston wireless remote control for audio visual and lighting.
- Built-in video conferencing in the Boardroom and mobile video conference capabilities in all other function rooms. Easily accommodates video conferencing capabilities throughout the function space for both large events and small.
- Drop down projection in the Great Room and Boardroom and plasma screen or electronic drop-down screen in all function rooms. The latest technology in presentation capability is available at the guest's fingertips.
- Digital color LCD reader boards. Allows for personalization of functions and events with the addition of photographs, logos, a PowerPoint welcome message or live video.
- Multi-touch kiosks. Guests are able to print boarding passes and other documents. Conveniently located in the lobby and on each function floor of the hotel.
HOTEL 1000 AMENITIES
- The Golf Club at Hotel 1000- The world's best courses come to life in Seattle via a sophisticated virtual golf setting.
- An infrared tracking system creates two planes each with over 680 independent sensors calculating the velocity, spin and trajectory of the ball.
- Provides real time ball flight, interactive practice situations, and multiple hitting surfaces.
- State-of-the-art touch screen game controller allows players to easily toggle between 50 great courses such as The Old Course at St Andrews, Pebble Beach, Pinehurst or Valderrama.
- Spaahh at Hotel 1000- A personalized treatment experience.
- MP3 or Personal Music Player docking stations in each treatment room
- Gallery Player artwork selections in the manicure/pedicure treatment room
Hotel 1000 Sustainability
Hotel 1000 is committed to maintaining a leadership position in Seattle for environmental management of the property's waste stream by continually researching new options, products, and methods that enhance this objective.
Maximization of 'Inncom' – Hotel 1000's robust energy management system centrally controls all energy being utilized in every guestroom and public area. Frequent guests will enjoy a room that has been pre-set to their preferred temperature on previous stays. Conversely, when guestrooms and function space are unoccupied, Inncom disengages heating and air conditioning to these spaces.
'Green SEAL' housekeeping chemicals – Hotel 1000 utilizes an ever-growing selection of environmentally friendly products. The hotel searches out many products that are made with less energy, made with less materials, yet deliver the same service, are sold in bulk to reduce the amount of packing, are made with recycled materials, use renewable resources and not fossil fuels, have extended durability and reuse potential, and contain no toxics or less toxic chemicals.
Environmental Committee – As part of the MTM Luxury Lodging collection, Hotel 1000 is represented on an Environmental Committee to further educate and inspire fellow associates on all aspects of the Environmental Stewardship program, ensuring the highest participation and working toward changing existing mindsets about this important initiative that directly impacts business.
Recycling Waste Guideline – Hotel 1000 surpasses the City of Seattle's required recycling waste guideline of 60%.
Culture of Recycling – Hotel 1000 is committed to further enhancing a culture of recycling paper, cardboard, bottles and glass in all areas of the property – offices, function space, and food and beverage outlets.
Voluntary Towel/Linen Service – Hotel 1000 offers a voluntary towel/linen service. Linens are changed every third day unless requested to be changed sooner. Towels that are hung on racks are not replaced, unless specifically requested.
Education and Awareness – Hotel 1000 is committed to educating guests and associates on the importance of environmental stewardship and LEED initiatives with communication through the Website.
Initiatives for Guests and Residents Alike – Hotel 1000 provides its residents in Madison Tower the ability to participate in all hotel recycling and composting programs.
Partnering with Like-Minded Organizations – BOKA RESTAURANT + BAR has created partnerships with organizations that support environmental stewardship efforts. The restaurant has recognized these partners on the BOKA Website to promote a more direct impact in the community.
Sales Collateral – Hotel 1000 has created an electronic proposal, an enhanced Website and video to minimize the need for paper collateral.
In-room Amenities – Hotel 1000 offers in-room Molton Brown bath amenities in bulk dispensers to reduce excessive waste of sample size bottles.
Composting Program – Hotel 1000 handles the food waste composting program for the hotel, restaurant and residences.
Spaahh Fact Sheet
Located inside the world-class luxury Hotel 1000, the Spaahh is a serene, comfortable refuge in the heart of the city. With welcoming, personalized staff and a relaxing atmosphere, the Spaahh offers customized spa and beauty treatments to rejuvenate the body and soul.
June 26th, 2006 at 8:45 am
- Facials: Designed to treat the skin while relaxing the mind. Spaahh's facials are customized to individual needs.
- Body Treatments: From full body salt scrubs, tanning treatments to enraptures, the most natural ingredients are used to pamper and rejuvenate the body.
- Massage: Offering any massage technique from Swedish and Deep Tissue to Hot Stone and Lomi Lomi, guests are able to choose from numerous add-ons to customize their treatments.
- Nail Treatments: Natural nail services are just the start and the latest color collections keep guest nails looking chic.
- Spa Packages: From the "Complete Indulgence" to "Touch Up," our packages are designed to renew spirit and send guests off feeling refreshed.
- Two single treatment rooms
- One couples treatment room
- Two pedicure stations located in private, pedicure complete with 40" LCD television
- One manicure station
- Two full locker rooms (one female, one male) equipped with dry saunas, showers and lockers
- Attached Fitness Center with leading edge exercise equipment and free weights
Group rates and exclusive use of Spaahh are available for parties of six or more, including special packages for bridal parties. Reservations are recommended for group events at least two weeks in advance to secure preferred time and date.
HOURS OF OPERATION
|Monday - Friday||10:00am||7:00pm|
(206) 357 9490