Hotel 1000 and BOKA Restaurant + Bar Get Into the “Holiday Throwback” Spirit
Ugly Holiday Sweater Parties, Winter Wonderland Décor, and Chances to Win Special Prizes Make the Season Even Brighter
SEATTLE (November 12, 2012) – Hotel 1000, downtown Seattle’s premier luxury destination, and BOKA restaurant+bar, announce “Holiday Throwback,” a festive collection of events, special prizes and good, clean holiday fun, harkening back to a more innocent time.
Festivities will launch with a Holiday Tree Trimming Party & Ugly Holiday Sweater Swap on Tuesday, November 27th from 4 – 6 pm., featuring popcorn stringing, impromptu caroling and a gifting boutique. Guests are encouraged to bring their ugly holiday sweaters of years past and find a new one, while sipping on signature BOKA eggnog and decorating the hotel’s holiday tree with vintage lights and ornaments.
To mark the official start of “Holiday Throwback,” Hotel 1000 will turn on its signature snow, which will fall outside its doors until New Year’s Day and unveil its Winter Wonderland display outside of BOKA, a perfect spot for kitschy, retro holiday photos. Other “Holiday Throwback” activities, specials and events will include:
- On Saturdays, December 1 and December 15, Hotel 1000’s Winter Wonderland display will be enhanced with a giant ice carving and the handing out of popcorn and cider. A great chance to swing by to snap fun holiday photos.
- Hotel 1000 will offer the special holiday guestroom package Shop. Drop. Sip. ideal for any marathon shoppers needing a break. The package includes room, parking, an American Express gift card and one bottle of Balance wine form BOKA in order to unwind from a day of gifting. Rates start at $249.
- Every Tuesday in December, BOKA restaurant+bar will host an Ugly Holiday Sweater Party during Happy Hour. Anyone who wears their ugly holiday sweater will be entered in a weekly drawing for dinner for two at BOKA. Every Wednesday in December, BOKA’s Chief Mixologist and master infuser Mi-Suk Ahn will offer her rye whiskey infusions at a special price. On Monday, December 10 at 5:30 p.m., Mi-Suk will host a special infusion-making class where guests can take a stab at the craft, featuring BOKA bites and an infusion for each guest to take home.
- Throughout December, The Golf Club at Hotel 1000 will host a Longest Drive Challenge at its indoor, virtual golf experience. Anyone who participates is entered to win a Mancave Golf Club package, which includes 2-hour usage of Golf Club and $150 Dining credit from BOKA, to be enjoyed in the Golf Club.
- Spaahh at Hotel 1000 will offer special holiday spa treatments inspired by the aromatic scents of the season. Guests may indulge in a “Fig and Plum Nourishing Facial,” “Peppermint Pedicures” or “Vanilla Hot Stone Couples Massage.” All treatments will include a delicious holiday themed cocktail or sparkling cider.
For more information about “Holiday Throwback at Hotel 1000 and BOKA” and a full events calendar, please visit: www.hotel1000seattle.com or call 206-957-1000.
About Hotel 1000
Hotel 1000, open in downtown Seattle since June 26, 2006, features 120 luxury guest rooms, BOKA KITCHEN + BAR, Spaahh and The Golf Club. At Hotel 1000, genuine, caring, personalized service enabled by leading-edge technology and intimate yet spectacular accommodations redefines the luxury experience. Hotel 1000 offers unexpected pleasures, distinctive amenities, anticipative service and a customized experience tailored to any occasion. Located at 1000 First Ave. at the corner of Madison Street, Hotel 1000 is steps away from the waterfront along Elliott Bay, and conveniently centered between Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, the business district and lively and historic Pioneer Square. For more information, please visit www.hotel1000seattle.com.
Benchmark Hospitality International is a leader in the management and marketing of resorts, conference centers, hotels, and the Personal Luxury Collection℠. The independent company, launched in 1980, is a worldwide organization operating properties in major metropolitan and resort destinations. Benchmark’s international headquarters is located in The Woodlands, Texas, near Houston. Benchmark Hospitality is also a founding member of the International Association of Conference Centers. The company’s northeast regional office is in New Jersey, with international offices in Tokyo, Japan, and Santiago, Chile. For the location of Benchmark’s properties and additional information, visit www.benchmarkhospitality.com.